Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Blogger app

I'm still trying to get a grip on this cell phone technology at my finger tips.
Trying to figure out how to post and comment on pics.
This may take a while.

Thursday, 5 June 2014

The story of a cupboard

Well, this here is my new (old) cupboard!!
Isn't it perty!?
I found it at the Christie Antique Show.
It was love at first sight.
I have been feeling the NEED to make changes within our home
find ways to infuse a little more color
Now, this here is the cupboard that my husband and I built TOGETHER
last summer.
I know it's story.
It holds special meaning.
I really needed a LARGE kitchen cupboard for our family
We couldn't afford much at the time

We already had these pine doors purchased from a yard sale for $3.00
that were taken off someones old cupboards.
So we went out and bought more pine (which cost more than planned!)
but we built this wonderful cupboard for our kitchen.

I first stained it
then painted it with just regular latex paint
I actually mixed a few colors together that I had left over from other projects

It was GREAT for all my spices & pantry items.

I just loved (still love) it!
I e-mailed the owner of the cupboard and asked if she still had it
Or had it been sold at the antique show??
.........She still had it...........

I decided the only way I could get that new one was to start by selling this one first!
So the day came when I had to clean it out
I had a tear in my eye
and a knot in my stomach
I didn't realize it would be so hard
I guess because we built it together
It meant more than I realized
I DID cry as it drove away to it's new home.

Almost a week went by before I could go get this cupboard
I needed to raise more money!
I sold things from my home
that I had time to love for a while but could let them go.
I also sewed up some of these GREAT grain sack pillows.
One set I sold and the other went towards the cupboard, the woman who I was getting it from
wanted them for her booth.

I had pictured right away that I would fill it with Ironstone and Linens
(which now I want more of because I had to take most of this from everywhere else)

This exposed side has no green paint left on it
I think years ago someone scraped it off.

But THIS side is loaded with wonderful chippy green paint!
Unfortunately I don't know the story of THIS cupboard.
I wish I did!
How old is it exactly?
Who owned it?
Where is it from?
What stories could it tell?
 Ahh The BEAUTY of old! 

          So here it is~starting another chapter in it's life.
In it's new home.
A wonderful girl gave it a lovely home.

I think it looks wonderful and I hope she loves it.
I miss it.
I am really warming up to the change of having this new (old ) cupboard
Do you love the change??

Sunday, 11 May 2014

My Wall Cupboard finally up for Mothers Day!

For Mothers Day the hubs FINALLY got around to cutting down the depth of the wall cupboard we purchased last year. I had only just recently decided where I wanted it hung and have bugged him to get it done! It wasnt going to fit properly in that spot the way that it was so some cuts were made.  I wanted something to hold my baking goods and spices close to the prep area and stove. I am quite happy with the end result! I guess him finally getting it up for me made up for the fact that 'HE' slept in this morning and that 'I' made my own breakfast on this Mothers Day! LOL!! So he's off the hook! I hope all you Moms had a terrific Mothers Day!!~Mel